- To work in a team environment with the needs of the individuals supported by NEXUS as the primary focus.
- To develop and facilitate opportunities based on the needs and goals set by the individual and their support network.
- To facilitate community inclusion in a variety of settings in our community and surrounding area.
- Where necessary provide coaching and support to individual’s as they complete vocational training tasks or actual employment endeavors.
- To complete documentation on a regular basis that outlines individual success, needs and/or further support that may be required.
- To share in the responsibility of ensuring that everyday tasks at RADS are completed such as transporting, hygiene, feeding, petty cash recording/replenishing and general maintenance of the facility.
- To participate in meetings, training opportunities and service planning as required.
- A certificate in human services, a specified vocational field, or a related field for the equivalent combination of education and experience is typically required for this position.
- You must have and maintain a valid first-aid certificate, food safe (or Caring About Food Safety online) certification, and WHMIS certification, undergo a TB test (and receive a negative result), and consent to a Criminal Record Check.
- One to three years previous experience in a similar environment is preferred. Previous direct program delivery experience in the community social services sector with a demonstrated working knowledge of a specific community-based program and related provincial and community support is preferred.
- Direct service delivery activities may require a moderate level of physical fitness depending on the areas of vocational training provided.
The position will have to cope with teaching on both a one-to-one basis and a group basis often dealing with clients who may have behavioral issues, high needs, and communication barriers.
Work may not necessarily occur within normal office hours. Evening and weekend work may be required
NEXUS is committed to supporting employment equity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage all qualified applicants, including Indigenous Peoples, persons with diverse abilities, visible minorities, women, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and others who may contribute to diversity at NEXUS.
In the spirit of reconciliation, we are committed to increasing Indigenous representation throughout our organization and encourage applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Metis or Inuit when applying