Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the internal and external communication strategies to advance NEXUS’ Vision, Mission, and Values.
- Oversees communications and branding in various online platforms such as NEXUS’ website, social media accounts, communications to stakeholders, etc.
- Manage media relations activities
- Manage the writing, editing and production of print and online publications, e.g., fact sheets, newsletters, reports, handbooks, brochures, etc.
- Coordinate and/or support a variety of special events
- Participate in fundraising activities
- Assists with grant or RFP writing.
- Collaborate with internal and external colleagues, volunteers, families, and others to cultivate meaningful relationships with our communities and stakeholders.
- Develops and maintains positive professional relationships with various members of the media.
- Assists executive leadership in developing presentations, speeches, and other important organizational messages.
- Develops, implements, and adheres to communications budget.
- Assist with writing of policy, plans and accreditation support.
- Organize paper and online files.
- Oversee email and information systems.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google, media, and desktop publishing software.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Event management skills.
- Superior ability to write in a professional style that is customary for publication.
- Strong knowledge of multimedia, social media, and traditional media- including best practices.
- Ability to coordinate efforts of various teams to present a coherent message.
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Business, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, or Communications. Master’s Degree is an asset.
- Experience in marketing, publications, or a related field required.